http://havingfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Meatloaf8387.jpg 600 600 David Fionda http://havingfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/havingfun-logo-300x95.png David Fionda2018-10-26 20:30:202018-10-26 22:46:24Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 large vidalia onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- turkey bacon and ketchup for top
- Place the turkey in a large mixing bowl and add breadcrumbs, creole seasoning salt and pepper. Mix to incorporate
- In a small frying pan, sautee the onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Let cool
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and add ketchup and then fold in vegetables.
- Add wet ingredients to turkey mixture and combine
- Transfer the turkey mixture to a 1-pound loaf pan, and form it into a domed loaf shape.
- Spoon ketchup mixture evenly over the meatloaf, spreading it with the back of a spoon and then add turkey bacon slices on top.
- Bake until the meatloaf is browned on top, cooked through, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 165° F, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before serving.