2 Packages Beef Ribs
Dave’s BBQ Rub
Basting Sauce ( Recipe FOllows)
- Remove membrane from back of ribs with paper towel. This is a thicker “silver” than pork ribs, so it will be much easier.
- Sprinkle BBQ Rub on front and back of ribs. Let rest either in the fridge overnight.
- Remove ribs from fridge and let them sit out while getting your smoker,
- Add your favorite smoking wood and place ribs face up on smoker
- Let smoke for 3 hours
- Remove ribs and place in foil and add basting sauce.
- Return to smoker for 1 1/2 – 2 hours until ribs meat pulls apart easily.
- Place in a 140 degree oven and let rest for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
Mix spices, sugars, and salt in a nonreactive bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Can be stored for up to one month.