http://havingfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/havingfun-logo-300x95.png 0 0 David Fionda http://havingfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/havingfun-logo-300x95.png David Fionda2014-12-17 22:57:022014-12-17 22:57:02Lucozzi Family Limoncello
1 Litre Grain Alcohol ( Everclear 190 proof)
6.5 cups of water
4.75 cups of Sugar
- Wash Lemons and Run with Scrub Gloves to Remove Wax
- Peel Lemon Zest with Potato Peeler in vertical strips – No white
- Place lemon peels in glass bottle and add 1 litre of everclear
- Let stand for 3 weeks
- In as very large saucepan bring water to a low boil
- Dissolve sugar by adding it ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly
- Once all sugar is added, let cool overnight in refrigerator
- Remove alcohol from lemon zest
- Mix the water to lemoncello 3 part simple syrup to 2 parts lemon infused alcohol.
- Blend 3 – 5 minutes until smooth
- Pour into large glass bottles and place in freezer.