http://havingfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/havingfun-logo-300x95.png 0 0 David Fionda http://havingfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/havingfun-logo-300x95.png David Fionda2009-10-18 17:28:002009-10-18 17:28:00Mama Morellos Olives
- Smash Olives with a Piece of Wood and Pit
- Add lemon juice to prevent oxidization
- Put Pitted Olives in a Big Pot and Filled with Hot Water for 5 Minutes. The fill pot with cold water and changed every two days, liberally sprinkled with kosher 12 -14 days, until olives are no longer bitter Make sure the container is airtight
- In a large mason jar, put 1 tsp sea salt, 2- 3 garlic cloves ( cut in quarters), and celery pieces in in the bottom and top of the jar and stuff pitted olives into jar ( really stuff them in)
- Add 1 – 2 springs of fresh rosemary
- Emulsify 81 0z of vegetable oil and 27 oz of apple cider vinegar ( 3:1 ratio) by putting 45 oz o the oil in a bowl and whisking in 15 oz of the cider vinegar . Put into 64oz sterilized pitcher
- Slowly pour oil in, letting bubbles rise. Keep pouring until all bubbles stop and oil fills to the top of the jar.
- Put on lid and hand tighten until you can turn anymore.
- Turn upside down for one day
- Turn olives right side up and store in a cool dark place
- Olive should be ready on 30 days
Makes 6 Quart and 6 pint jars