http://havingfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/havingfun-logo-300x95.png 0 0 David Fionda http://havingfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/havingfun-logo-300x95.png David Fionda2009-10-18 17:49:002009-10-18 17:49:00Soup Nazi Chicken Chili
- 1 lb chicken breast fillet (4 fillets)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 potato, peeled & chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, plus liquid
- 1/4 cup diced canned pimiento
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash basil
- 1 dash oregano
On the side
- Sauté the chicken breasts in the olive oil in a large pot over medium/high heat.
- Cook the chicken on both side until done– about 7-10 minutes per side.
- Cool the chicken until it can be handled.
- Do not rinse the pot.
- Shred the chicken by hand into bite-sizes pieces and place the pieces back into the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and turn heat to high.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 hours.
- Stir mixture often so that many of the chicken pieces shred into much smaller bits.
- Chili should reduce substantially to thicken and darken (less orange, more brown) when done.
- Combine some chopped Italian parsley with sour cream and serve it on the side for topping the chili, if desired.