Roasted Butternut Squash BisqueCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1/2 lb. raw chestnuts
3 lb. Butternut squash
1 large carrot
2 stalk celery
3 Tb. butter
7.5 cups chicken stock
1/4 tsp. ground ginger (optional)
2,25 c. light cream
Freshly ground pepper
- Cut squash remove seeds and roast in a 400 degree oven until softened
- Chop onion, carrot, and celery, and add to butter melted in a 4-quart saucepan. Cook stirring constantly to soften
- Add squash and stir into vegetables and add the fresh ginger. Cook for 5 minutes to combine
- Remove from heat and with an immersion blender, puree the mixture with the remaining 1,5 cups chicken stock.
- Add cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.