Christmas Eve TiramisuCourse: DessertCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
This is a rich tiramisu made with our family's Italian crema recipe and without alcohol. I decided to try this variation since I didn't want to use raw eggs with my older guests.
4 Cups of Milk
Peel of 1 Lemon
6 Tbs Sugar
8 Tbs of Flour or 4 Tbs Cornstarch
1 package of Balocco Lady Fingers (20)
1 lb of mascarpone cheese
unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup fresh espresso
- First of all, make the coffee. For a quick and delicious Italian coffee, we used a Moka pot.
- Step 2) – Make the crema
- Slowly bring the milk to boil Start at low and slowly increase temperature as milk warms up
· Beat the eggs well
· Add the sugar and mix
· Add the flour and mix very well until combined and the flour lumps are gone
· When the milk reaches almost boiling, take out 1 cup of the milk and slowly add to the egg mixture, mixing constantly Let sit for two minutes
· Reduce heat to medium
· Slowly add warmed egg mixture to boiling milk, whisking constantly. The mixture will immediately thicken
· If there are consistency issues, add some cold milk and stir
· Let cool
- Let the mascarpone come to room temperature. Pour the mascarpone cheese into a bowl and work it with a spoon to make it softer.
- Using a k-beater, slowly whip the mascarpone cream for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add to the crema and combine with your Italian Mom's wooden spoon.
- Dip the ladyfingers quickly on both sides (1 or 2 seconds) into the coffee. Then arrange the ladyfingers to fill the casserole.
- Spread one half of the mascarpone crema mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Repeat Step 7 for the top layer
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder. and allow to rest 3 hours in the refrigerator before serving. The longer it rests the better it will be!