Skip to content
Jump to recipe
- 4 large sweet potatoes, roasted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Karo Dark Syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 and roast for 45 minutes more, until soft and carmelized
- Peel and mash the potatoes in a mixer, until smooth.
- Beat milk and eggs together and add to the mixer, slow speed
- Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, syrup, salt, vanilla, and bourbon.
- Mix well until smooth and combined
- Pour the mixture into a 1 1/2 quart greased round baking dish.
- Combine the melted butter with the remaining brown sugaring brown sugar and mix together
- Dot the mixture into the pudding
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve hot.