Skip to content
Jump to recipe
- For the Salad
- 1 hearts of romaine
- 1 large artichoke, boiled
- 2 large tomatoes (about 3/4 pound) cut into thick pieces
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced into rings
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mild banana pepper rings
- 8 ounces sheep's milk feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives
- For the Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup good red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Decoratively line the outer rim of a large bowl with the artichoke leaves. Remove and discard the hairy choke in the center. Thinly slice the heart.
- In a large bowl, combine the artichoke heart, romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onions, and toss to combine.
- Crumble the cheese over the vegetables and add the olives.
- Whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- Add the feta and olives and toss lightly.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve at room temperature.