Jamaican Chicken CurryCourse: MainCuisine: JamaicanDifficulty: Medium
We visit Jamaica almost every year and eat a lot of jerk and curry. I love this recipe because it makes a beautiful sauce and is very flavorful. I adapted it from the website below to make it more keto friendly.
3.75 lbs Roaster Chicken
3 tbsp Curry powder
3 tbsp Chicken seasoning
2 tsp Sea Salt
Pinch of allspice
5 Cloves garlic Crushed
1 Large onion Chopped
5 Sprigs of fresh thyme
3 Medium carrots Chopped
2 small sweet potatoes diced
2 tsp powdered ginger
2 shakes scotch bonnet sauce
4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp white vinegar
- Using a pair of poultry shears, cut up the chicken into smaller pieces, discarding the skin and wing tips.
- Season the chicken with the lemon and lime juice and discard the liquid.
- Place the cut up chicken in a ziplock bag, adding the onion, garlic, all spice, ginger, salt, chicken seasoning, and the curry powder Let marinate at least 2 hours.
- Over medium heat in a large pot, lightly brown the chicken
- Add the carrot, sweet potato and thyme. cover the chicken with enough chicken stock / water and cook covered for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and simmer until thickened.
- Adapted from https://jamaicanfoodsandrecipes.com/jamaican-curry-chicken-recipe/