2 racks Memphis spareribs
1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 liter ginger ale
- 16 oz. quart orange juice
- 2/3 cups soy sauce
- 1/2 cup salt
- ¾ cups ketchup
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 18oz jar apple jelly
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Dash of Worcestershire
- Trim Excess fat from ribs
- Remove the silver membrane with a paring knife to expose the first couple of inches and then a towel to pull the entire membrane off. Trim any excess fat.
- Put ribs in a turkey roaster pan and cover with marinade. Let sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours
- Remove ribs, discard the marinade. Pat rubs dry and rub generously with BBQ rub and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Smoke ribs, in the pan and uncovered, in a 275 degree smoker for 2 and a half – 3 hours.
- Pour in apple juice and foil the pan. If there is a lot of char on the bottom of the roaster pan, use a new one. Smoke for two hours.
- Remove the ribs and cover with the finishing sauce. Let sit, in a warm and hold oven for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Remove ribs and let them rest for 10 minutes. Carve and Serve!