https://havingfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/rack-of-porka.jpg 1037 1555 David Fionda http://havingfun.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/havingfun-logo-300x95.png David Fionda2014-12-13 12:59:102014-12-13 12:59:10Oven Roasted Rack of Pork
- 1 -6 bone center cut rack of pork
- olive oil
- sea ./ kosher salt
- black pepper
- bbq rub
- 3 carrots -rough cut
- 2 sweet onions quartered
- 2 stalks of celery
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 4 parsnips
- 1 potato
- 1 sweet potato
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a roasting pan add your rough cut vegetables
- rinse the rack of pork well and pat dry
- place rack fat side up, on top of cut veggies
- apply liberal amount of olive oil, rubbing it into the meat
- sprinkle entire rack with sea salt, pepper and then with an extra coating of bbq rub
- place pan in preheat oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- after 15 minutes reduce heat to 325 and continue to roast for approximately 2 – 2 1/2 hours or until internal temperature in the center is 145 degrees
- IN about 2 hours, check the vegetable to see that they are done and carmelized. Remove them from the pa, cover and set aside.
- Remove the Rack from the oven placing on a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing the meat. This will allow all the juices to remain in the rack, rather than have them run all over the plate, making the meat dry.
- While the rack is resting, deglaze the roasting pan by placing it on 2 burners. Add 2 cups white wine on the oven and with a spoon loosen all the baked in meat scraps from the pan, making your pan gravy.
- Strain out all of the vegetable pieces and any residue
- Cut the rack along the bones, making even portions of the pork, serve with your pan gravy and your favorite sides!