- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon Adobo all purpose seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sofrito
- Sazon seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup diced potatoes
- 3/4 cup baby carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 10-12 pimento-stuffed olives
- Heat a Dutch oven on medium heat.
- Season the chicken with the Adobo seasoning, then add the olive oil and chicken to the pot. Let the pieces brown for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside.
- Add the sofrito, Sazon, tomato paste, oregano, water, potatoes, carrots, bay leaves and olives into the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then add the chicken back into the pot.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook the pollo guisado for 20 - 30 minutes covered and 20 - 3- minutes uncovered to reduce the juices.
- Serve with arroz con giandules