Prime Rib RoastCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
⅓ cup Dijon mustard
6 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1 tbsp pink salt
34tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
10 pounds prime rib roast (5-rib chine bone removed)
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a small bowl, mix the mustard with the garlic, thyme, pepper and olive oil.
- Place meat bone side down, in a roasting pan and season it very lightly with salt. Too much salt will affect the cooking time and flavor. Roast for 20 minutes
- Remove the meat from the oven and reduce the temperature to 275°. Rub butter generously on the ends of the roast. Slather coating all over the top and sides of the meat, Roast until a thermometer in the thickest part of the roast registers 125 - 130°
- Transfer the roast to a carving board, cover it loosely with foil and let rest for 30 - 45 minutes. The roast will continue to cook while resting and get to 130 - 135
- Carve the roast 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices and enjoy!.