- 4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes and/or red potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsely
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit with a rack in the middle of the oven. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- Slice the potatoes into 2-inch chunks (slice small potatoes in half, larger potatoes into quarters, and so on). Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes, then sprinkle on the garlic powder, salt, and rosemary, if using. Toss with your hands until the potatoes are evenly coated in the mixture (it might seem like you don’t have enough oil, but you do—keep going!). Arrange the potatoes in an even layer across the pan with their flat edges against the pan.
- Roast the potatoes for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring halfway, until the potatoes are deeply golden (check the undersides) and easily pierced through by a fork. Stir in the parsley, if using, and season to taste with additional salt and some black pepper (careful, the potatoes are hot). Serve promptly.
Adapted from cookingandkate.com