Skillet Chicken Aglio olio
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 pickled hot cherry peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 2 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Add capers and peppers; cook 30 seconds.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Stir in breadcrumbs; cook until liquid thickens (about 1 minute).
- Taste sauce, and add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, if needed.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with parsley.