Skillet Chicken Fajitas
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 bell peppers , thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add the fajitas seasoning ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir together.
- Mixing the fajita seasoning in a bowl.
- Generously sprinkle the fajita seasoning on both sides of the chicken and use your fingers to press it into the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sear the chicken breasts for about 7-8 minutes on each side.
- While your chicken is cooking, cut the bell peppers and onion into thin slices.
- Slicing the bell pepper into strips.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, remove it to a plate and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Add the bell peppers and onion to the same skillet over medium heat and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the bell peppers are just about done sauteing, slice the chicken breasts into strips.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet, add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and stir everything together.
- Serve immediately with tortillas and extra toppings such as sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole.