- 1 hickory smoked ham, spiral sliced, 8 to 10 pounds (no bone, water added, cooked)
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 4) Granny Smith apples
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 4) Bartlett pears
For Spice Glaze
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Steenís 100% Pure Cane Syrup
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 water
- Whisk all of the spice glaze ingredients together and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Wash, core, and halve the fruit.
- Line a shallow baking pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Place toothpicks in ham to keep together
- Place in a baking pan. Brush the entire ham with the glaze, coating it evenly.
- Place all the fruit around the ham and baste them with the glaze
- Bake for 45 minutes. and baste the ham and fruit a second time
- Bake another 45 minutes and remove the ham from the oven baste one last time
- Tent it in foil and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the apples and pears on a platter with the ham.
- Serve everything warm or at room temperature.