Sunday Morning Bliss PancakesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder ( yes 4 teaspoons!)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1.2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 can crushed pineapple drained
1 bag shredded coconut
1 package cream cheese cut into 1/2 inch squares
- Sift together the flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla and egg.
- Make a well and add the wet ingredients and use a wire whisk to whisk the batter with a few strokes until it is easy to whisk and smooth but still thick. If you need to make it smoother, add a few tablespoons of milk
- like to let the batter rest and rise overnight. No worries if you just let it set for a few minutes.
- Heat and butter a nonstick pan or griddle over medium high heat. Test the griddle with a few drops of water. if it sizzles, its ready!
- With a ladle, pour some batter onto the grill. When the edges start to brown, add the pineapple, coconut and 3 pieces of cream cheese
- When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook until golden and the bottom is caramelized. Enjoy!