Tortellini Mac and Cheese
- 16 oz frozen tortellini
- FOR CHEESE SAUCE:
- 3 TBSP butter
- 4 TBSP flour
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 onion powder
- FOR TOPPING:
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8 in baking dish with non stick cooking spray
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 3 TBSP butter. Add flour, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix until combined.
- Add milk. Cook on medium heat until bubbly. Once bubbly, reduce heat to low and cook until mixture thickens.
- Stir in cheese and let it melt slightly. Remove from heat.
- Mix cheese sauce with tortellini. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumb, 2 TBSP melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Sprinkle over tortellini.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces over bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is browned.